Thread: How to do a #@$ "Hello World!" with Smart Mobile Studio?

Thumbs down How to do a #@$ "Hello World!" with Smart Mobile Studio?

That's it. I was playing with it since this October 1st, but I was looking for documentation that explains step-by-step how to do it and I didn't find anything. All documentation that I've found assumes that I know something that I don't know, and the most frustrating is that I don't know what I should to know!

Really, is it an actual "Getting Started" documentation somewhere with a chapter titled "Do a 'Hello, World!' for dummies"? Or can somebody explain me what I miss from the current one?
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 09-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    No signature provided yet.

I gave up on it after being unable to create a button click event for about 5 minutes

Sigh... May be version 2.0 will include a complete tutorial about how to do it.

I found smart mobile studio fairly easy to use. the ide is still very feature poor but the compiler does its job quite well. the documentation is not just bad it's pretty much nonexistent. but the reason I found it easy is because I know pascal, javascript, html, and css quite well and these are the things that sms is trying to mix. so as long as you understand that sms is mostly javascript wrapped into pascal cover you should have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I found smart mobile studio fairly easy to use. the ide is still very feature poor but the compiler does its job quite well. the documentation is not just bad it's pretty much nonexistent. but the reason I found it easy is because I know pascal, javascript, html, and css quite well and these are the things that sms is trying to mix. so as long as you understand that sms is mostly javascript wrapped into pascal cover you should have no problems.
    Maybe that's the problem. Anyway, If they use pasdoc and they include the result as documentation, it would help a lot... Mmm... May be I should suggest it to them...

Did you see the tutorials on pp4s? http://pp4s.co.uk/main/tu-sms-intro.html
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Obviously I didn't.