Quote Originally Posted by Huehnerschaender
Very nice idea...

But I don't think that the competition should be changed after it already ends. The system you mention surely has its potential, but you have to take care of several things:
I'm not suggesting it should be introduced now... I was thinking purely for future competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehnerschaender
- I could convince some friends to make a crappy entry and give all their points to me
- The judgement of a competition has to be as neutral as possible. Your system is too easy to manipulate

Thats the first things I realize thinking over it.
In this competition, surely, I don't think it would be manipulated, because it's already over. But even if someone decides using it in the future, the above things still can occur.
I know what you're saying hon, its a shame that we have to think like that though. Unfortunately though, sportsmanship is disappearing and it does seem that more and more people will lie and cheat to win.

Maybe there are certain criteria that could be used to allow voting. For instance in this case, only those teams who have submitted entries for all deadlines could vote, and even then, the judges would have a say as to whether or not they thought the teams submission was a valid attempt at the goals, or something like that.

The thing is, it wouldn't have to be a huge prize. Just something to show that the other competitors recognise an entry as being their favourite. Would you cheat and lie for a mug for example?

Like I said though, its just an idea I've been mulling over the last few days.

And yes, the point you raise Traveller is valid too, although WILL is going to make the others available when he gets around to it, so we will get to see them eventually.