Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: unDelphiX 1.07 released now

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

unDelphiX 1.07 released now

Hi ijcro,

I've just downloaded the latest version and tried it. It compiled without any errors this time, but its still broken (at least from the perspective of a 1.05 user that doesn't have any issues with the older version).

If you need more information, let me know what you require and I'll do my best to help.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Blog Entries

Here is a copy of my own release of the MPP SDK header that I released back in '03.

MODPlug SDK for Delphi 1.0

I believe that you'll find the documentation I wrote to be somewhat helpful.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

What are the odds of making UnDelphiX into UnDelphiX/LazarusX?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    Hi ijcro,

I've just downloaded the latest version and tried it. It compiled without any errors this time, but its still broken (at least from the perspective of a 1.05 user that doesn't have any issues with the older version).

If you need more information, let me know what you require and I'll do my best to help.
    Whan type of problem you have? I don't understand 'its still broken'. Picture broken? Texture wrong? Transparent color no works?
    Ijcro.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've replied to the PM you sent me, but the problem is essentially that if I draw on a surface that is bigger than the TDXDraw.surface, then try and blit (using the fast method) a portion of the surface onto TDXDraw.surface, it doesn't work. Nothing is blitted to the primary TDXDraw.surface.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

follow on from email and other forum:

Bugs:

1. Force feedback in delphix is limited. Still does not work for any USB controller I have tried.

2. Usedirectinput makes digital pad uncontrollable, switched to analog to compensate

3. Dxtimer does not achieve any where near 1 ms resolution (interval :=1) on certain machines, unknown cause. So far only on XP machines, 5 different machines now tested. Intervals of 0 (realtime) do work as expected however.

The Forcefeedback cannot be to hard to find the thing that is causing the problem. I assumed it was totally integrated with directx so this should not be an issue. If I knew what the hell I was doing I would have fixed it but I am a lowly beginner

actually, just out of curiosity, has ANYONE ever got force feedback working with delphix? I have tried 3 USB controllers now, and ZIP.

Blog Entries

IIRC, Hori never completed support for ForceFeedback. It's incomplete right now, unless someone had finished the work. I don't think that Jaro did any work on those (yet), instead focusing on DirectDraw and Direct3D instead. Am I right?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Thankyou it is a pity this isnt documented in the help file...would have saved me a few hours

anyway, hopefully someone will sort it

Blog Entries

Well this is not 100% a sure thing, but there are behind the scenes developments to revamp the old DelphiX/UnDelphiX package and give it a new home, so far all is going to plan, but we still have some work to do before we go officially public with the idea. I may be jumping the gun a bit, but be careful what you ask for.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast