I have something shameful to admit - I'm not a Pascal programmer. I don't use Delphi. I - I am an artist, and a designer. I suggest things and get people who are better programmers than me somehow figure out how to do it. I deal with ideas and theory, and that's what I like to discuss.

I think as long as this site remains (or as fragle points out, is thought of as) a strictly programming site there will not be long, thoughtful discussions here in the community. Frankly there is not much to talk about in programming except for "I have a problem, do you know how to solve it?".

I would like to encourage members of this community to bring their non-programming discussions here. Let's talk about AI, let's talk about design, about ethics in gaming, or whatever topic people are thinking about. By engaging in these sorts of discussions this community will attract new members with greatly varying interests, expanding and diversifying it.

I personally had never heard of PGD until aidave told me about this year's contest and got me involved in Blocked. Now that I am here I do check the site every day, partly to see if the scores are in, but mostly see to if there are any new discussions here in the forums that I can add my two cents to. I intend to keep coming back and to keep posting as long as there are interesting discussions taking place!