Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YOU! Yeah, you! Thats right... CLICK HERE!

YOU! Yeah, you! Thats right... CLICK HERE!

You can also type is in notepad and paste it inside the little box

for the part of code snippets - it would be nice if you could upload/download code pieces (and maybe images and small projects).

Currently I'm only improving my engine and completing .S.C.A.G., but in the past I made some games like packman, pong etc. Not verry interesting.

Also I made 2 nice games in c++.
    1. NecroTANK, just like worms, but with tanks
    2. Revenge of the Vegtables, Side scrolling mario-style action game with a carrot.

In Delphi I made a school project called Insanity a few years ago, a crappy 3D shooter. It has some cool features like bullettime and crappy static/dynamic lighning using UnDelphiX and includes a map editor. It more a multiplayer game.
    You may take a look at it on my site. (please do not post this game in the frontpage.... it's to crappy)

i'm getting a bit off topic
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

/me lurked into this thread It drew me like a magnet.

Well i have and will answer questions i find suitable but otherwise World of Warcraft gets most attention...

Quote Originally Posted by idee_fixe
    I have something shameful to admit - I'm not a Pascal programmer. I don't use Delphi. I - I am an artist, and a designer. I suggest things and get people who are better programmers than me somehow figure out how to do it. I deal with ideas and theory, and that's what I like to discuss.

I think as long as this site remains (or as fragle points out, is thought of as) a strictly programming site there will not be long, thoughtful discussions here in the community. Frankly there is not much to talk about in programming except for "I have a problem, do you know how to solve it?".

I would like to encourage members of this community to bring their non-programming discussions here. Let's talk about AI, let's talk about design, about ethics in gaming, or whatever topic people are thinking about. By engaging in these sorts of discussions this community will attract new members with greatly varying interests, expanding and diversifying it.

I personally had never heard of PGD until aidave told me about this year's contest and got me involved in Blocked. Now that I am here I do check the site every day, partly to see if the scores are in, but mostly see to if there are any new discussions here in the forums that I can add my two cents to. I intend to keep coming back and to keep posting as long as there are interesting discussions taking place!
    Great, then answer some of our posts about getting some non-programmer graphics . I know I've posted enough questions on GameDev about graphics simply because I've only had one graphics request answered here .

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen
    ...one of the major drawbacks, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that there is no official/semi-official directX pascal libraries. Are there I still havent found any easy, simple libraries which will just give me the basic interface) But I'd like to think that I have an open mind and woudnt mind learning DX (I actually have to sooner or later)

So maybe give us some dx libraries for pascal/delphi!
    I'm sorry, but have you tried using Google? For example: http://www.google.com/search?q=delphi+directx.
    Shameless plug: Delphi DirectX SDK: headers and bunch of examples
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen
    <shameless plug>I now have a RSS feed, </shameless plug>
    Hi Michael,
    I wanted to mention that if you want people to easily add RSS feeds to their RSS readers or if you want Firefox to display the RSS Icon in the URL bar you need to add something like...
    <]http://www.sulaco.co.za/nitrogen/rss.asp"[/url] type="application/rss+xml" title="rss" />
    in your HTML header ( <head> ) section of each page.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Clootie: Thanks, I'll have a look at those!

Savage: I originally had the rss link only on the news page. I'll add it to the rest of the pages for more exposure...
    My site: DelphiTuts.com (coming soon)...

Download Font Studio 4.21 here.

Blog Entries

fragle: Well don't let that stop you. If you ever wanted an experienced Pascal programmer's help, this is the place to get it. You can't take the programming part out of 'game programming' and 'game development'. It just fits

Also, not everyone is ever 100% sure of the entire scope of their knowlage, I think it was said somewhere that even the great minds like Einstien and Newton were just taking random ideas and shooting in the dark until something came from it. Did you know that Alexander Graham Bell got the light bulb wrong thousands of times [size=9px](I think it was around 10,000 or so wasn't it?)[/size] before he finally got it right. Worst case scenario, just ask a lot of questions and eventually you'll get what you need to know in the end.

idee_fixe: Well don't sweat one single drop my friend! You are most welcome here. We don't ALL have to besive programmers. PGD is an all inclusive community, not an exclusive one. If we had more artists and musician types that would be awesome! Game art is and will be a huge topic here so I'm quite sure you'll find lots of content there that will suit you.

User137: Hmm... perhaps someone should make a MMOOOPRAD[size=8px](Massively Multi-player Online Object Oriented Programming Rapid Application Development)[/size] game/RAD tool then. :twisted:

Clootie: Well it's hard to have shame in being the top DirectX Header guy for the entire Pascal world.

Nitrogen: Thanks, drop me a PM when you want me to make the BIG announcement.

You know... I don't know if it's my prodding or what, but 'Be careful what you wish for' comes to mind. Nice to see the site picking up it's pace.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Did you know that Alexander Graham Bell got the light bulb wrong thousands of times [size=9px](I think it was around 10,000 or so wasn't it?)[/size] before he finally got it right.
    That must be real news to Thomas A. Edison (considering it was one of his students that discovered it). Of course, at the time, Edison took the credit as most inventors do when their students actually come up with the idea. I think its the birth place of upper management .

Blog Entries

Eeek! You're right, it was Edison. :lol: Sorry, I listened to a podcast about how Edison and Bell fought over the telephone markets. And then eventually decided to collaborate in the end. There's history for ya huh?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123