Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ants!

Blog Entries

Ants!

Well what exactly would you use as the inputs? That what often stiffles m about setting up NNs. :/
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Ants!

How come there are so many replies and yet non about my ants?

Mattias created AI art using Delphi-NEAT, you can find it here http://www.cambrianlabs.com/mattias/GeneticArt/
    I've also seen a similar ver that also contains color.

Do you guys (and gals?) want to start several small projects in order to explain better the AI techniques? Or maybe create a small (updated) resource center, as all the sites I know weren't updated for ages...
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

Ants!

Hi tanffn,

nice project you have there.
    The screens are very interesting.

I would like to have something more basic for my project, just an explanation for basic 3D movement with pathfinding perhaps.

Firle

Blog Entries

Ants!

Forgive my of-topic-ness. Love the visuals on the pheremone examples btw!

I've tried unsuccessfully to recreate the minsweepers OR ants eating food example on Fupster's site. I think I was close but my little guys just kept spinning around in circles never to get that proper neiche it needed to adjust properly to finding the food. :? Perhaps some of my math was off. [size=9px](I can post my try if you'd like --and if I can find it... I'd like to solve this puppy once and for all!)[/size]

There was one other person that did solve it though. He went by the name of 'Lucky5' or something of that nature... I forget his real name. He used to frequent the AI Junkie site's forums too.

Anyhow... maybe a basic tutorial or lesson on all of this or part of this would help many who have a hard time with such concepts to understand at least a good portion of this. I know I personally have a hard time wrapping my head around Genetic Algorithms, though I understand that basic idea, just not the intriqute workings of the 'math' involved.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Ants!

Thanks late good feedback is better then non at all

Firlefanz: As jdarling said it a matter of interpretation but I don't consider pathfinding as AI. As its a known algorithm with a known result.

WILL: can be complicated to debug.. but upload the fitness function, usually the problem is there. Also take a look at the GA params, maybe the pop is too small, or you narrow your pop too much in each new Epoch? I know there were most of my bugs.
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

Blog Entries

Ants!

Hey I finally gave this a solid run to see how it did. So I turned it on for overnight while I slept.

Unfortunately it seems to have either stalled or gone braindead after just 88 generations. The program it's self is still running, but the simulation looks almost as if it stopped. ie. the ants just sit around 'home' not moving. Not even turning on the spot.

I looked at the graph to see what might have happened as it looked like it was a sudden drop. Maybe a bad set of data threw all the NNs off?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12