Windows XP, SP1a, DelphiX, Borland delphi 4 and 7, Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, Geforce 2 MMX400 64 MB, 512 MB DDR 3200

1. Delphix timer seems to reach only a maximum FPS of 64 on my computer, 100 on my cousins (even though we are using pentium 4 processors). It si very strange but the bug disappears as soon as I open certain programs like DXDIAG from Run. Sometimes the bug is more provailent when delphi itself is not running...very strange. Really need help with this (furthermore all high precision timers won't reach above 64 FPS on my computer). I am thinking it is a problem with the OS me and my cousin are using?

2. I need to add images to TDXimagelist at runtime?

3. I need to change the background and 1 or 2 sprites SIZE and see the change reflected on screen. I jave tried putting image.patternheight:=image.patternheight-10; at nearly every point in the program but no luck at all . In other words I need to see say my character "grow" or "shrink".

4. If I have Vsync on the FPS changes too, and it seems to chane depending on screen frequency of the computer in question as would be expected. Unfortunately this also changes the gameplay speed depending on each computer. How can I ensure the game will be the same on all computers? I.e. Charcter sprites moving at same speed etc etc etc.

5. How do I reference other Sprites from inside another sprites DoMove? I need to say x:= [insert other sprites x position here]. Or do I simply have to do it the hard way and use a global variable?

Thanks for any help, I really am stuck!

Seifer Almasy