Difficult to supply code because I don't have any code for the thing in question. I have mnaged to get the game area shrinking properly thanks to your help and by not using tbackground

Unfortunately The enemy has to be a sprite and thus making him grow from 25 pixels * 25 pixels to 40 * 40 is proving difficult. I would have thought it as easy as height:=height+1; but it seems that delphix only takes this into consideration in the create and not domove of course I could probably animate the growth if not for the fact people are allowed to upload their freinds photo to replace the default enemy picture

I was rather hoping hori had programmed a special method for this like DoSize hehe but looks like not.

On other things, I might be able to get away with vsunc and use a permanent 100 fps (only problem being there is some weird phenomina that makes it run at 64 fps (if above an interval of 10) regardless when program is not running from within delphi)

2b. Is it possible with that draw instead of stretch it centres the image?

3b. And a very big favour I have to ask you. I really need to get to the bottom off this timer problem. I have uploaded with source and exe a simple test to see if DXtimer is the fault of me or the timer. When you recieve it, you can open the exe, report to me whether it is achieving 1000 ms resolution. If I could be bolder I would like you to then compile the source on your end and then send me back the exe. This will enable me to find out more about the nature of this problem. If you could do that that would be neat!

http://www.uploading.com/?get=J6DJ9LM3

Above is the link to the file.