Very good. You have answered 1 major question also but this is a serious problem now.

It is not the compiled exe that matters nor is it delphi or delphix. It is some other factor and no matter what, other peoples delphi apps are not going to run properly on mine or my cousins computer. This means that there will be others like me where the delphi apps will be fundamentally flawed

How very bizarre....Threaded timers and delphix timer are not running at anwhere near 1ms on certain machines? And if so it may be because directx in Xp, or XP itself is somehow changing the way thread timers operate. Obviously someone needs to look into this issue. I cannot understand why it would be that the timer does not run at the desired speed.

There is something very wrong here...I have also checked at a mates house, again XP, again nowhere near 1ms.

I have ran some tests and it seems the following:

Intervals 1-10 are defaulting to 64 FPS, 11-20 to another fixed FPS and so on....the rates they are fixed at are also not remaining constant. For instance on my cousins machines the 1-10 are defaulting to 100 FPS and then following the same pattern mentioned above. I can't be the only one woth this problem?

Somone mentioned none NT based machines may be the cause? Is there anyway to make delphi believe it is running on an NT machine (i doubt it), or even better if noone has any idea why this is happening, maybe someone could supply a way of making a timer that can achieve a constant 100 FPS. Which is the best way to do it and have you got any example code?

----

Also, when I said centre and not stretch I meant the actual image as it shrinks stretch draw strteches the image to FIT the size of the height,width. I was wondering weather there was a way to let the image resize but the picture get its ends chopped off, if you see what I mean

http://www.uploading.com/?get=VXBP9UV9

That should make it clearer