Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DELPHIX Problems. Need help with multiple problems

DELPHIX Problems. Need help with multiple problems

Or load the sound files before you need them. This will cache them in memory until needed.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

well I put sleep(100) before the main loading and for some reason it all works. It isnt the loading of the file, seems to be maybe a bug in delphix, doesnt like the file loaded into memory and then processed straight away when going from 1 music to the next. a short stall in the program doesn't give it more time to load, just seems to rectify the problem. This can be a temp solution.

Ok, so I want to add net support. This is the one area of delphix I am completely ruined on. I just need a simple explanation of how to make a label in 1 application display information passed from a variable on another if you see what I mean. From there I can probably manage to do more than nothing.

Any good tutorials around?

It's not entirely clear from your post, but if you're talking about netwerk examples, there are 2 demos that come with (un)delphix.

Perhaps they might offer some insight?

yay;0 looked at those, they go into sending messages, seems very complicated. Its muchy better to start with something ultra simple

and also yo traveller, did you finish that pop the baloon prog? It looks fun do you have an exe download? and did you make it with delphix?

Networking is all about messages.

To make a label update based on a label on another computer you need to send a message from the one to the other to tell the label to update to the new value.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

and also yo traveller, did you finish that pop the baloon prog? It looks fun do you have an exe download? and did you make it with delphix?
    Yes, I actually have finished it.
    I'm afraid I've been heavily neglecting my website in the pas few months. On top of that, (and I haven't got a clue why) the entire projects section is not function anymore, as well as a few other minor things.

I have some plans for a new site, that is more focussed towards the Village Defense game, but it'll probably take a few more weeks before some results are visible.

In the meantime, you can download Ptb from here. (incl source code)

was pas a typo? or have you just got pas files on the brain

that was a nice game of yours...i will look at the source code soon, see how you accomplished the baloons popping, very neat.

Are games faster /better in full screen mode or does it not matter?

Blog Entries

seiferalmasy: Wow, this thread is turning into quite a list of sub-topics. Why don't you try breaking it up by area of focus so that way when people are looking through old post, it's not so much of a jumble for them.

Also, you may even get a more focused response to one of your specific problems too. So it's kind of a win-win for both things.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast