Some answers for my stage 6 comments:

Dean comment:

Had to chear as I couldn't find the sword on the first level.
Look for the sword item inside the grave (on the cemetary marked with large sword monument). Hint: you will need scroll of flying, so be sure to find it too. (Every other player who tested was able to found this sword, AFAIK )

Eric comments:

More comfortable display frequency setting, and less damage from mini-falls: these are 2 known things, will be fixed.

In windowed mode, the mouse is captured by the game (and the game window can lose focus, meaning it won't respond to keypresses f.i.).
For mouse looking, mouse cursor is hidden and it cannot leave the game window. That's the way mouse look must work. But the cursor is visible (and unlocked) when you enter game menu (Escape key), or switch to other window by alt+tab etc. However, I just saw one problem: when you switch (alt+tab) to other window, but the game window remains visible on the desktop, then the mouse is hidden when you mouse over the game window (even though the other window has focus). OK, it will be fixed. Temporary solution for you is just to exit to game menu before alt+tabbing, or not hovering with mouse cursor over the game window if you don't want to.

Loading times very slow, could be worth distributing/caching in precomputed files whatever is precomputed.
Loading time should be about 1 minute for version 0.6.1, assuming NVidia newest drivers. Be sure to have the required amount of memory, see my earlier post. And this is only for the first "New Game" call --- for subsequent level changing/restarting the game after death, loading times should be < 10 secs (as most things are already kept in memory).

There are not many things that can cached in files (normall vectors are right now computed on the fly, they could be recorded in VRML file --- but when profiling with gprof, it looked like it would save only about 10% of loading time; so no real gain...). Most of the "Loading ..." overhead is related to pushing things into OpenGL display lists, see my posts in "Stage 5 feedback" thread.

At one startup, I got an error about a ModeGL failure because it couldn't operate on a closed window.
There was a bug in 0.6.1 version (fixed in 0.6.3): if a bug occured elsewhere, the proper error message could be "hidden" by error message about "ModeGL cannot be called ...". In other words: something went wrong, but this is not related to ModeGL Can you reproduce this ? By "at startup" do you mean that it occured right after running the game (not e.g. at the loading of "New Game") ?