Quote Originally Posted by Eric
For OpenAL, I personnally am able to fix and find it, but for players and users at large, that may be a tougher proposition (though even personnally, not tracking OpenAL closely means I've no idea if the software OpenAL DLL I found was really a recent one, if you provided one, you would be able to make sure it worked well for all your game's needs).
There is a ]http://www.camelot.homedns.org/~michalis/openal_notes.php#section_install[/url]. This will always point to the "blessed" (i.e. tested) by me versions of OpenAL that you can use. In case of Windows, there's a direct link to OpenAL exe installer from Creative.

As for casual users: well, most of them figured it out Anyway, sure I agree, the plan is to incorporate OpenAL in the future, but this will have to wait until real exe installer for Windows and real Debian packages will be done.

As for my troubles with OpenGL display lists: this all waits until I finally get some free time, and free access to system running Radeon, and will be able to start fixing Radeon problems. Then we'll see how much I'll have to change.