Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FPC 4 GBA: binaries uploaded

FPC 4 GBA: binaries uploaded

As promised, I made a zip package with fpc4gba binaries. In the package I have added a library (it works, but it needs some test) and a couple of examples. Speed is very improved from the last time, and now smartlinking works fine too.
    You can find the package on my web page :mrgreen:
    BTW, now I'm investigating about the possibility to port fpc for nintendo ds too so, as for fpc4gba, any help is appreciated

To all SDL users: I have found a sdl porting for gba, so it could be interesting if someone would try to mix sdl for freepascal with it
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

I'll post a news post and update the FPC4GBA site again.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    I'll post a news post and update the FPC4GBA site again.
    Yes, please :toothy:

Now that we have a working gba compiler, it could be nice to organize a sort of recruitment on pgd community. We need testing, demos, examples, games, libs, tutorials... well, we need anything could help to grow up fpc4gba project!
    I can't do it all by myself (lack of time and skills), though I'll try, so any help would be VERY appreciated. :mrgreen:

Legolas, maybe you could write a small tutorial about what is involved ( tools required, setup etc ) in creating a simple GBA game. This should then encourage others to take part. I would also post an Image of the Day on GameDev.net to get the news out there to a wider audience. You have to think of these things like a product. To get people interested you need to advertise.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Dani?īl had a really cool idea where we would put together a 'my first game' type of tutorial. In this we could go through and specify how to make a basic game using the FPC4GBA port in Pascal.

We just break it down into parts; game states/timers/etc(the basics), input controls, graphics, sound, link cable, and so on... I think Johns book would be a great help as a reference for this tutorial.

We could eventually use this tutorial to get a book made out of it later on too. Should we want to go that route.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

[quote="WILL"]Dani?īl had a really cool idea where we would put together a 'my first game' type of tutorial. In this we could go through and specify how to make a basic game using the FPC4GBA port in Pascal.

We just break it down into parts; game states/timers/etc(the basics), input controls, graphics, sound, ]

I have started writing a 101 tutorial about gba programming with fpc4gba. I'm trying to show all aspects of gba (setting and using different modes, reading keypad, sound, and so on), by making a small demo for every argument. My biggest problem (as you can guess ops is to write in english
    I don't know if Mr Harbour's book is a good choice... I have read here and there that he has some coding habits to avoid, eg. including big header files for images instead of linking it as an external object. I think that TONC tutorial should be better, even if it is a bit more advanced.

Blog Entries

Well I don't nessissarily mean his programming, but his book's layout and it's published format style instead.

He seperated everything into logical sections which makes it a great learning tool and a wonderful reference even after reading it for the first few times.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

So any unsung project bare fruit from these binaries yet?

Or... any more examples/tutorials?

I believe that Noeska was been working on a small tutorial in addition to your own. Any progress on these?

Once PGD is properly restored, we'll have the Articles section back up... we can feature anything about this once you have something.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    So any unsung project bare fruit from these binaries yet?

Or... any more examples/tutorials?

I believe that Noeska was been working on a small tutorial in addition to your own. Any progress on these?

Once PGD is properly restored, we'll have the Articles section back up... we can feature anything about this once you have something.
    I'm curious too to know if someone is trying to make something for gba
    About the tutorial, at this time I'm a bit busy (you know, real life :lol and I don't know if I should publish my tutorial "as is", without a deep checking :think:

Blog Entries

Is it complete as far as the technical side of it goes?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast