Thread: It's Now Offical; Free Pascal Supports GameBoy Advance

Blog Entries

It's Now Offical; Free Pascal Supports GameBoy Advance

Well it's now official. Both Dani?īl Mantione [size=9px](Free Pascal Team developer)[/size] and Francesco Lombardi [size=9px]aka Legolas (major FPC 4 GBA Initiative contributor)[/size] have confirmed that the Free Pascal Compiler currently has and will have GameBoy Advanced target support come it's next release.

Legolas has uploaded a copy of the official FPC4GBA-based binaries to his personal site and Dani?īl has informed me that he has also placed them on the Free Pascal FTP site too. They will become available on the FPC 4 GBA Initiative site within the next few days.

This marks the milestone of the first time a commercial video game system has been supported by a Pascal compiler directly. Nice work to all that have helped and those that have really put their butts in gear to get us to this stage! :thumbup:

The Free Pascal Compiler is avaialble at www.FreePascal.org

The FPC 4 GBA Initiative site is at FPC4GBA.PascalGameDevelopment.com
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

cool

<FIREMAN MODE>
    In fact sources are officially released, and I have put a snapshot for your pleasure on my site

About an official support in next release, maybe we should wait a little bit, because we need to discuss about some technical aspects, like integrating linker script in the fpc sources, making a gba lib and so on
    </FIREMAN MODE>

[size=9px]BTW, you MUST download fpc4gba and test it![/size] :mrgreen:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Wow, truly amazing! I'm going to have to buy some dummy cartridges and try to compile a hello world for the GBA.

Credits to all invovled bravo! And it all started here!

Might be worth updating the fpc4gba site as I've just posted a news item on http://www.slashdot.org
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Updated! Site references the package from the FreePascal.org FTP as it most likely will have the most dependable URL address available.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder