Thread: Accent converter

Accent converter

How about this idea for a new project:
    You supply the app with a recorded file.
    The app will detect your accent type.
    Normalize it.
    Convert it to any accent type you want (and is in our DB).

Its quite hard as we need to detect each syllable, and each syllable can sound very differently in every accent. (this is if we consider Arab, Hebrew, far-east accent).

I didn’t really think about the project details, its just an idea in the air. But it can be VERY cool in case it will work. I can even think on a few commercial applications for this.
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

Accent converter

Would you be writing your own Speech analyser or using an off the shelf product and customising it?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Accent converter

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Would you be writing your own Speech analyser or using an off the shelf product and customising it?
    Where is the fun in using an off the shelf product?
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*

Accent converter

If you have ever watched "The Incredibles" you should develop one of those security systems where you can practise saying "Edna Mode....and friend" into the microphone.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Accent converter

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    If you have ever watched "The Incredibles" you should develop one of those security systems where you can practise saying "Edna Mode....and friend" into the microphone.
    lol, will do

it feels like a very hard project, there is no way im going to do it by my self.. :/