Honestly, I think that sometimes thats all you need. You should have seen how 'in over my head' I felt at first when doing the first Mod of FPC4GBA. :? I was half lost. Then with enough time I managed to get the right information from Florian and others and viola! Sure I didn't end up getting to finish it. [size=9px](Francesco did that for me )[/size], but I did manage to start something, so I believe it was worth it. And I learned quite a bit from doing it too.

Though when I finish university look out! I'll probalby be making my own versions of FPC with auto-code generation and ANN-based AI incorporated into it.

Ultimately, I doubt that any of this is 'hard' per-say. However the knowlage is not yet in our grasp. We have to go get that for ourselves. Or help each other and work together.

Anyone know any good source of reference for gathering the opcodes and other information about MIPS? Something like a good solid source of reference. I think there is information on the FPCWiki about adding new archetectures... thats a place to start.