Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DGC Components

iLLUNis

DGC Components

Hi everyone...nice to see Delphi based forums created. What i would like to ask is if anyone knows if there is a new implementaion on the DGC components to run on Delphi 5 or later. I have found some nice game implementation using this at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Circuit/5530/ but unfortunatelly when i am trying to compile on Delphi 6 i get an error on DirectX. I think it has to be the version of the DirectX. Any suggestions, ideas would be really welcome. Thanks again.

DGC Components

If I remember correctly, the DGC components have pretty much died out in recent times, since they weren't updated for ages (correct me, people, if this is wrong).

I think that your best bet would be to use a more recent component set. There are a few around, though I'd guess that none encapsulate things in exactly the same way.

See if Powerdraw, DelphiX or the Omega Project.

If you can list some errors, it may be possible to update the headers for later versions and recompile everything (assuming it comes with source - is that the case?). Tell me where to grab that copy of DGC and I'll see if I can recompile it for D5/6 (in a few hours time, that is).
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

DGC Components

Oh yeah! Harry Hunt (who posts over at the Turbo forums on Gamedev) said that he was working on a component set for creating games. Harry, if you've registered here, any news on that?
    <br />-- Aristotle

iLLUNis

DGC Components

I knew about DelphiX....i am looking now at PowerDraw...thnx

iLLUNis

DGC Components

Quote Originally Posted by Alimonster
    ...If you can list some errors, it may be possible to update the headers for later versions and recompile everything (assuming it comes with source - is that the case?). Tell me where to grab that copy of DGC and I'll see if I can recompile it for D5/6 (in a few hours time, that is).
    I dont have the list of the errors with me know since i am not at home but i do remember is all about not finding a direct something thingy. Most probably it has to do with the directx....The closest ]http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/3805/download.htm[/url] ....if you want i could email you a latest version i have for you to have a look...
    Thanks anyway...

DGC Components

Quote Originally Posted by illunis
    I dont have the list of the errors with me know since i am not at home but i do remember is all about not finding a direct something thingy. Most probably it has to do with the directx....The closest ]http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/3805/download.htm[/url] ....if you want i could email you a latest version i have for you to have a look...
    Thanks anyway...
    Sure, no problem. Mail it to me if it's less than about 4 megs (should be the case). I'll be able to check my home mail in about 3 hours from now.
    <br />-- Aristotle

Hi

*cough* use omega *cough*

As for DGC, I liked using that, they were some pretty good components, thats that I made my first game with. Then I used DelphiX, which is also VERY good, but had some serious issues, so I decided to try to make my own with directX8.

Bobby Baker
    Delphi Sanctuary.
    www.blueworldtech.com/ds
    Bobby Baker
    <br />Delphi Sanctuary
    <br />www.delphisanctuary.com

DGC Components

<br />-- Aristotle

iLLUNis

DGC Components

dohhh......

DGC Components

I had to comment out the property editors, unfortunately, because I seem to be one .dcu short of what I should have (got the .int but not the .dcu, which sux!). I'll try to work around that later.

It's using the latest JEDI headers.

I'll spend a while (rest of today, maybe a few more days -- it could even become a full-time project) reworking and testing it. Until then, feel free to try out Bobby's project omega stuff . I'll have to sniff around and see if I can find the original authors, too, to see if they're fine with the update.

Expect an upload some time in the future...
    <br />-- Aristotle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast