Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DGC Components

DGC Components

Hmm, yet another update. For some reason, Delphi 6 complained today about the input stuff. If it does that to you ("cannot pass a constant as a var param" or something) then you want to open up DirectInput.pas (line 881) and change it from SetDataFormat(var whatever...: TSomething)" to SetDataFormat(whatever: PSomething); (slightly vague, I know, but you can figure that one out ). Wherever the compiler complains about SetDataFormat calls, add a @ in front of the var (e.g. {Dxcheck}(FDirectInputDevice.SetDataFormat(@c_dfDI Keyboard)).

In other news, Illunis' game compiles now and works fine in Win9x, but not 2k. Slowly getting there!
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

iLLUNis

DGC Components

Quote Originally Posted by Alimonster
    ...In other news, Illunis' game compiles now and works fine in Win9x, but not 2k. Slowly getting there!
    Just to make something clear. This is NOT my game. I wish... but is not.... :cry: It belongs to that guy as i mentioned when i first posted this topic. :shock:
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Circuit/5530/

DGC Components

Oops, sorry! My bad.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

iLLUNis

DGC Components

:? :shock:

DGC Components

Quote Originally Posted by Alimonster
    For some reason, Delphi 6 complained today about the input stuff. If it does that to you ("cannot pass a constant as a var param" or something) then you want to open up DirectInput.pas (line 881) and change it from SetDataFormat(var whatever...: TSomething)" to SetDataFormat(whatever: PSomething); (slightly vague, I know, but you can figure that one out ). Wherever the compiler complains about SetDataFormat calls, add a @ in front of the var (e.g. {Dxcheck}(FDirectInputDevice.SetDataFormat(@c_dfDI Keyboard)).
    I think this is just a mistake in the JEDI headers. I changed it to SetDataFormat(const lpdf: TDIDataFormat) (I think), which is nicer that setting it to a pointer.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123