View Poll Results: Are you interested in AI development?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

34 61.82%
  • Absolutely, but only if there will be more material available.

10 18.18%
  • Perhaps, if the examples were more game related.

10 18.18%
  • Hell no!

1 1.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you interested in AI development?

Are you interested in AI development?

Just wandering why there is so little activity here..
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

Voted yes. Absolutely no experience what so ever, tho.

Yes!

But I'm a little busy and just dabble in it. But, heck yeah! I'm interested.

I voted also yes

I made IA for NecroSPACE 2 (when you do a botmatch, rocks etc. have realy simple AI).
    Currenly at school we have a little robot wich can wander around and create a map of what it has seen using a sonar.

Most part of AI (path finding etc. is already done when you buy the thing...)

Link
    http://www.activrobots.com/ROBOTS/p2dx.html
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Absolutely!

My next project will be a sequel to AI.Planet

Blog Entries

As mentioned in another thread, this will be my career study of choice, but I'm not there yet. You can count me in reguardless though.

I'm planning on writting or co-authoring a nice graphically enhanced tutorial on A*. I'll probably be writting a few more things as I learn them in university for sure. [size=9px](I won't forget you guys! )[/size]
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hi WILL, also planed it to be my career study of choice but my uni offers only one advanced class in AI and they use prolog for programming
    So I might not take it at all..
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*

Blog Entries

Hmm... well don't give up on the course because of the language... though it might make it a bit akward to understand at first. Look up the criteria of the topics discussed then choose. I think that would be the best way to decide.

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? Sometimes it's harder to find a univeristy that will support what field of study you want to get into, depending on your location. Though they do offer many new ways to do more and more courses over the internet.

If that is the case, have you ever consider moving for education?

I myself always knew that I'd be moving back home to go to uni. After of course moving out here for work that is. Back home for me is Toronto. Which is great because it's the biggest city in the whole country, iow has everything there. Including a school that supports my area of study. You don't have to stay withg one school either you can continue with another if you feel that from a certan point you would do better at another school from there on.

Plus there are always distance learning options, but I'm not so sure about AI by distance learning. :? But I guess it may be possible. I mean... we all do that now don't we?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

ops: Missed this one as well..

I live in Israel, the home of the Technion which is well known in various fields including CS.
    ..now the problem is I didn't really pay attention in high-school, hack I hardly been at school but that lowered my grades (apparently a significant part of the final grade is to be attendance) => can’t get in popular classes in the technion. :cry:

Long story short I’m a student in the OpenU, which let you in based on the success of the classes you take. This also allows me to have a full time job while studying which is a big plus.

=> Can't move And after finishing this BA I think I’ll move away from CS and focus on MBA in management or philology.

YES YES! Two thumbs up! ;-)

I am interested escpecially in AG and FSM, maybe some AI contest?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast