Quote Originally Posted by WILL
I was thinking of the GBA port issue when I was surfing and decided to find the real name of the CPU used in it. 'ARM7TDMI' is just that. [size=9px](Which btw runs at 16.78MHz)[/size]

So I did a little search and came across this URL: http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/ARM7TDMI.html

Wow, would have never thought of going there now would we? Ok easy enough, it has a ton of information about the processor.

I look down the list of wonderful features it has and come to the item mentioning the "16-bit Thumb instruction set for increased code density" which takes me to a page with 'The Thumb Architecture Extension'. IT has some pretty cool information reguarding as to what THUMB is. Which is great, better understanding = better implimentation of it!

Now this page shows a ]http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/architecture.html[/url]

At the bottom of the page though is a bunch of 'papers' that have a wealth of knowlage, provided someone knows how to sort information out of them.

I wonder what Daniel and Francesco have to say about these. Would this stuff help to increase support for the full ARM7TDMI hardware --Including the THUMB instructions?
The problem is that we don't need a better implementation of THUMB. We need *an* implementation. Period. :mrgreen:
It should be matter of fpk, because is required a good arm asm knowledge and -of course- where you are putting your hands in fpc compiler code. At this time I don't have any arm knowledge (maybe a veeeeeeery little one) nor I know where I should make modifications in compiler code. Porting a new rtl is definitely an easier job
I'm wondering about differences between ARM7TDMI and ARM946E-S. This could be an easier task, because maybe we'll need to make only some modification to arm7 code :think:

Edit: Seems that (citing) "...Code written for ARM7TDMI-S is binary-compatible with other members of the ARM7 Family and forwards compatible with ARM9, ARM9E and ARM10 families". This could be a good news, because my failed attempt to make a NDS running executable with FPC depended on some error I made ops: