Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with mouse cursor

Help with mouse cursor

Can anyone tell me please where to get fully free mouse cursors for my game ? I just can't find them anywhere
    Life su***, but you gotta live your life

Blog Entries

Help with mouse cursor

It's usually better to just create your own cursor. It's more graphically sound too as the usual system cursor has only a 4 'color' black, white, transparent and inverse mask.

With a little knowlage of whatever graphics library and/or API you are using you can figure out how to hide your ugly system cursor and instead you can use your mouse co-ordinates to draw the sprited cursor onto your scren instead.

EDIT: However if you are making a Windows App [size=9px](or KDE/Gnome app w/ widgets, etc)[/size] then I can see a need for them if you are trying something fancy. In that case, I don't kow off-hand. Try winfiles.com? I remember that site having free .cur custom-made files quite a while ago though...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Help with mouse cursor

Well, the cursor will be used in the game And i have a small problem - i can't draw very well, i even can't draw simple cursor That is why i'm looking for cursors

Help with mouse cursor

You can get free cursors, animated and not, from http://www.customize.org/. (At the moment it seems to be down for me, but the site won't go away anytime soon)

If you want to use them ingame you'll need to convert them to PNGs or TGAs, but I'm at a loss for how.

Help with mouse cursor

Thanks for the link I hope, that it will work soon Any other links ?

Help with mouse cursor

What kind of game will it be? I don't mind writing some cursors for you as a bitmap. I could use the pixelart practice.

By the way, how are you planning on doing the rest of the game graphics of will your game feature 3d models?
    Huhuhu

Help with mouse cursor

No, there won't be any 3D models It will be a 2D RPG If you are interested in making those cursors, then PM me

Help with mouse cursor

I [size=9px](and Smotsholle too, if I read correctly between the lines) [/size]can't help but think, why you want someone to make the mousecursor images, when those quite possibly are the least difficult of all images, required for a rpg?

Help with mouse cursor

Well, the thing is that the rest of the textures/sprites i found. But i can't find cursor that I need for my game And this cursor needs to consist of many images :
    1) simple image
    2) over smthn image
    3) pickup image
    4) etc
    That is why i'm asking form help with cursor

Help with mouse cursor

For other images I think I can give you a tip passed on to me by the helpful people on this forum:

http://reinerstileset.4players.de/englisch.htm

Lots of images for characters and housing there.

On the PM bit, check your inbox.
    Huhuhu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast