Hey Andreas!

Sounds like a great project idea. There aren't too many OpenGL based 2D libraries for Pascal compilers these days, if any really. So I hope this one takes off!

From a support side of things, I'd be quite happy to see this thing support Free Pascal(and/or Lazarus) aswell as Delphi. FPC and Lazarus are very quickly becoming the flagship pair of the Pascal development world, but Delphi is not gone by far either. So I think to maximize your target userbase you'd want to offer good support for both compilers and/or component models. [size=9px](Refering, of course to both VCL and LCL should you make a [non-]visual component version of this new 2D library.)[/size]

With reguards to the modeling and structure of your library, I find that if you keep the functionality very modular and simple where we can pick and choose our level of graphics engine 'hand off' then we as developers will be moe pleased than not in it's usage. It's of course a balancing game, right? Hold our hands too much and it becomes a beginners crutch and they'll all eventually move onto something they can use with a bit more of an intuative understanding. You leave too much to the developer to do himself, he feels a bit overwealmed and moves onto something else that is more within his realm of understanding of OpenGL and graphics in general.

As for packaging. I like simple, but I also like (LOVE actually! ) options. So why not just write an interface for yours aswell as this Abbrevia I've been hearing about so much?

Oh and graphics formats... Must have PNG and BMP! I was a little shocked to find out that SDL did not support it by default. It's an open format for crying out loud! *sigh* oh well.