Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz
There's a spread and direction variable for just that
Yeah, but that's in the effect "template" and not the system. Say I want a meteor trail that looks the same but I want it to emit in a different direction each time. Right now there's no way I can say
[pascal]ParticleSystem.Direction := -90;[/pascal]
or
[pascal]ParticleSystem := ParticleManager.Emit('bang',x,y,angle);[/pascal]
so I can "trail" the meteor object. Or at least not that I've found. I'm still reading your source code to learn everything.

I really look forward to the next version!
No that is true, it's per effect, but its possible to circumvent that by changing the particle effect parameters before calling the particlesystems update function, it always uses the parameters stored in the effect, and you can change the effect at any time.

The particles only inherits the position of the parent system, i'm not really shure how to handle inheriting a direction aswell, theres no clear way of interpolating the spread or the direction of the effect to the one in the system.

Maybe some kind of vector that can be used to add to the resulting velocity vector for the particle could solve that;
Code:
Particle.velocity.X:= Particle.Velocity.X + System.EmitVector.X;
jdarling, that could be a quite nice way to do it, if it's necessary, most phx objects handles the memory already, sprites, images, fonts, events and such, only the components themselves that doesnt. So only stuff that needs freeing is the imagelists, fontlists inputs and so forth.