If anything I might consider Flash. It'd allow me to have control of such things as saving logs, etc... and I could tie it into other features of the site aswell.

I'm no fan of coding in Java so I won't be doing that and I don't believe in adding something to the site that I cannot design or manipulate myself to make it'll fully compatable or in line with the site's design requirements.

I personally use GAIM to access IRC. I already use it for everything else, don't know why Athena hates it so much though... :scratch: ...but I believe it may be possible to connect to more than one server using it. Unsure though, never tried it myself.

As for the #PGD IRC channel that is up right now. If you want to have a real-time chat with other PGD members it is a place to go, plus both the Free Pascal [size=9px](#fpc)[/size] and Lazarus [size=9px](#lazarus-ide)[/size] channels are there aswell. [size=9px](best way to contact FPK and FPC/Lazarus users/developers)[/size] I personally don't have time to keep that close to the community [size=9px](running it doesn't always mean being a part of it )[/size] but I try to drop in every once and a while. The channel was originally started by 2 members that no longer come and visit PGD even. :? Eriken and Avatar. They really really wanted it so I said go for it. [size=9px](You can find the thread somewhere in the old threads somewhere here.)[/size]

Personally I feel that IRC chats are great for getting fast information, but the information gathered is easily lost to others as nothing is saved unless one of the chat participants makes the effort to repost it here in the forums. Which involves logging and all that good stuff. Not everyone is willing to go through that trouble.

Though FPCBot might want to help with that.