Hi all, there are no game engines for Pascal. They're all frameworks and/or graphics engines. Some have started to become engines and some pascal games have a code structure that can be described as an engine but there's nothing even approaching the scale of a game engine that's stated as being a game engine.

That's a problem, probably the biggest barrier to wider adoption of Pascal as a game development language.

And until more people start working together on engines, combining their knowledge and experience then that'll never change.

It's such a shame, so many great programmers all in the field of games development and they're all independently working on the same 10% of functionality of a real engine.

I'm just as guilty but in my defence I've approached a dozen or so people on here looking to work together or merge projects, nobody is interested.

It's the main reason I've stepped away from PGD and pascal in general, I love it but I'm serious about making games and for the scope I want then that means working with others. the C++ and Java communities are far, far larger. I can find all the like minded people I like to work on whatever we like.