Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GamePascal - Cross-platform Game Development in Object Pascal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Actually I found no easy way to do it so far. Having just sdl2.dll was not so bad, but by the time _mixer, _net, _image and _ttf was added, the DLL count on Windows is high. For the Windows platform I'm currently using Enigma Virtual Box (specifically the more advanced version that comes in The Enigma Protector, no protection features are enabled, only taking advantage of the higher compression and other enhancements) to bind all the DLLs to gprun_win32.exe.

The idea is to have a gprun_xxx for each platform so compile/deploy become easy. No complicated hoops to jump through. It contains all the dependencies needed to run either the bytcode or the native image on that platform.

Of course Avast will try to kill it so if you get this problem, there is no virus, just a false positive. In fact, it will try to stop any normal Delphi generated EXE at first. I had to exclude my whole DEV folder to prevent this annoying problem in general.
    Last edited by drezgames; 22-10-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Found some other SDL2 bindings: https://bitbucket.org/p_daniel/sdl-2...ascal-compiler
    Using them with your examples and freepascal works for 100% so far ...
    There are now at least 3 "official" bindings, some guys from freepascal should really port/add an official wrapper to FPC 2.6.x.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Oh cool. Good to know. Thanks.

Sorry, for being a bit off-topic but I recognized that those headers do not compile on Windows. So I tried these again: https://github.com/ev1313/Pascal-SDL-2-Headers and they work fine!
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Here are some things already working for next build:

Version 0.0.2:
    * More examples
    * Support for language translation (see readme inside language folder).
    * -ai commandline option to add an icon file to output executable.
    * -vi commandline option to add version information to output executable.
    * Improved error handling.
    * SDL2 + addons are in a single gpsdl2.dll (windows platform) now to minimize dll dependencies.
    * OpenGL integration.
    * Added GamePascal.SysUtils unit
    * Fixed a memory leak when using nested unit names (full version of FastMM is your friend).
    * Now using nested unit name format: GamePascal.SDL2, GamePascal.OpenGL, GamePascal.SysUtils.
    * Reorganized folder structures/renamed files based on/support for different platforms.
    Last edited by drezgames; 04-11-2013 at 03:50 AM.

gpdev1.jpg

I’m working on a IDE for GamePascal. The first version will be very light-weight with all the necessary features to allow you to productive. Some features will include:

• Syntax Highlighting
    • Multiple Open Source Files
    • Program, Unit and Include source file types.
    • Program and Unit names will automatically match the saved base filename
    • Standard editing features (cut, copy, past, undo redo, etc)
    • Code completion and param hints
    • Code folding
    • Jump to compiler error location
    • Source level debugging
    • Declare project options in source
    • Much more to come over time
    Last edited by drezgames; 10-11-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Tonight I started working on getting code completion implemented. At this point I got basic param hints in and working. It's pretty fast too. Next I have to add a bit more support for deeper source tracing. It's using the compiler to dynamically provide the info for code completion so I need to make sure it's able to find any other units/include files referenced in the current sources.

Alpha Release 3 is now available (see link in first post). Apologies for the delay. We were having some server issues. All should be sorted out now. Please let us know if you experience any download problems.

If you want to provide feedback, we encourage you to register an account at http://gamepascal.com and post in the support forums. Also, you are able to send feedback directly from within the IDE

Thanks.

I recently got asked the question: “with all of the other game programming products out there , that you intend to compete with , why is yours a better choice? What is it about your paid product that would be to my advantage to switch to? Does this product do something unique that other don’t, etc.?”

Simple & Elegant

We hate complexities and feel that software should be powerful and capable, but must be very approachable. It should be simple to use yet elegant and feature rich. For example, you should be able to select your target platform and generate output for that platform without jumping through tons of hoops.

Intuitive

The product will be intuitively designed. It will work the way you need to work so that you can be very productive.

Fairly Priced

It will have price points suitable for everyone. You can have a great product that is very desirable but if it’s priced beyond what the majority of the people who will use it can afford, then what’s the point? The Point is if its popular it will get pirated!

Community Driven

We listen to feedback and wish for YOU to be involved in shaping its development. We want to build a thriving community around GamePascal.

Quality Product & Support

Our standard practice is providing affordable high quality development solutions. But lets face it, the state of customer support across all industries these days is not good. I think most people can give an account of more than one bad experience. We aim to make quality customer support a top priority. Offering great products and services is just part of the process. Backing them up with quality support is key to a successful operation and building customer loyalty.

Iteration

We’re a small company with limited resources so it’s all the more important that we stay agile and be reactive to market demands. We will iterate our company in all areas to be better, faster & stronger.

Transparency

We shall will be honest and transparent. No hidden motives, ploys or dishonest business practices that are so common this day and time. We will conduct business fairly, honestly, profitably, and cheerfully, while avoiding debt and extravagance; to support an efficient non bureaucratic organization based upon teamwork, honest and frequent communication, careful and thoughtful decisions; to offer employees meaningful work, fair compensation, and all necessary help for them to do their best work; to develop useful, reliable, and wonderful software products; to market our products effectively, professionally, truthfully, and with excitement; and to offer excellent support for our products.

Summary

GamePascal is a cross-platform solution for game development in Object Pascal. If you love Pascal, if you love game development and need a cross-platform solution that is simple and elegant, lightweight yet effective and very affordable, GamePascal aims for this and more.
    Our goal is to make GamePascal a community driven, quality and affordable product that people will want to use and own and not pirate.
    Last edited by drezgames; 01-12-2013 at 05:22 PM.

I only care about Win32 (32bit) and Android platform support, including older: 2.3.6.
    Currently i would like to make something for my Android phone, but i havent found anything good that makes creating apps for it easy.

Eclipse Android emulator is so CPU expensive that my poor old PC is unable to even startup the emulator. I have to buy some 4GHz PC with 8GB of ram for that emulator.

Hopefully GamePascal will be the one thats good, easy to use and fast.

Best of luck with GamePascal.
    Last edited by hwnd; 02-12-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast