Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
Not only because of this, I wrote about switching to other tools/languages by developers. And take a look on Pascal communities, nowadays its almost died. Shutting down of engines is only some part of whole "picture".
Hey I'm well aware about Objective Pascal comunity getting less and less popular and I'm also well aware of the reasons for this.
Main reason for this is that not so long ago there was verry litle choice in Objective Pascal development tools (overpriced Delphi and somewheat unstable FPC). But that has changed recently. It is true that Delphi is still overpriced and that Embarcadero is def about suggestions on making Delphi more afordable for smaller developers and programmer beginers.
But FPC on the other hand become verry stable. Some even say it is already more stable than Delphi.
Also there is a Smart Mobile Studio here which suposingly is also quite good Pascal based development tool.

So you see potential developers have now much more choices than they had in past and until we (older Objective Pascal) would be prepared to share our knowledge with other new or old programmers and make games/applications with it there is still chance for it to gain more popularity.
But if we start complaining about how unpopular Objective Pascal is and such we are driving away other pepole which might be interested in trying to do some programming in Objective Pascal othevise.