Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GamePascal - Cross-platform Game Development in Object Pascal

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Well I think it's fantastic work! and I totally agree, it's best to focus on things you enjoy at the time during development. Which is the beauty of working on multi-discipline projects like game engines, frameworks - There's all kinds of things to get your teeth into so when a particular problem or progress issue starts to remove the fun, you can just switch to another part of your code entirely.

I often find that when there's a bug or design challenge that I'm struggling with, I have an easier time of it when I focus on something else for a while and come back.

Thanks for the links!
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

This is a short video of me talking about the cool new features added in this update. Check it out!

@phibermon
    Hi, thanks very much. Yes, its very important that you remain (as much as possible) in a good frame of mind when developing your projects. As we all know, stuff just happens and we tend to get side tracked and bogged down in other life related issues. We must keep plugging away at it until we achieve our desired goals. Often times it takes way more to accomplish a given task than anticipated. Such as life. I've come to discover that life itself is just one big iterative process. We must keep hammering away until we finish. It's all about learning, growing and making better choices. Just one big debug process... haha.

Good, yea those links are fantastic. Great inspiration and some very good tips to keep oneself motivated and on track.

Alpha Release 3 is now available (see link in first post). Apologies for the delay. We were having some server issues. All should be sorted out now. Please let us know if you experience any download problems.

If you want to provide feedback, we encourage you to register an account at http://gamepascal.com and post in the support forums. Also, you are able to send feedback directly from within the IDE

Thanks.

I recently got asked the question: “with all of the other game programming products out there , that you intend to compete with , why is yours a better choice? What is it about your paid product that would be to my advantage to switch to? Does this product do something unique that other don’t, etc.?”

Simple & Elegant

We hate complexities and feel that software should be powerful and capable, but must be very approachable. It should be simple to use yet elegant and feature rich. For example, you should be able to select your target platform and generate output for that platform without jumping through tons of hoops.

Intuitive

The product will be intuitively designed. It will work the way you need to work so that you can be very productive.

Fairly Priced

It will have price points suitable for everyone. You can have a great product that is very desirable but if it’s priced beyond what the majority of the people who will use it can afford, then what’s the point? The Point is if its popular it will get pirated!

Community Driven

We listen to feedback and wish for YOU to be involved in shaping its development. We want to build a thriving community around GamePascal.

Quality Product & Support

Our standard practice is providing affordable high quality development solutions. But lets face it, the state of customer support across all industries these days is not good. I think most people can give an account of more than one bad experience. We aim to make quality customer support a top priority. Offering great products and services is just part of the process. Backing them up with quality support is key to a successful operation and building customer loyalty.

Iteration

We’re a small company with limited resources so it’s all the more important that we stay agile and be reactive to market demands. We will iterate our company in all areas to be better, faster & stronger.

Transparency

We shall will be honest and transparent. No hidden motives, ploys or dishonest business practices that are so common this day and time. We will conduct business fairly, honestly, profitably, and cheerfully, while avoiding debt and extravagance; to support an efficient non bureaucratic organization based upon teamwork, honest and frequent communication, careful and thoughtful decisions; to offer employees meaningful work, fair compensation, and all necessary help for them to do their best work; to develop useful, reliable, and wonderful software products; to market our products effectively, professionally, truthfully, and with excitement; and to offer excellent support for our products.

Summary

GamePascal is a cross-platform solution for game development in Object Pascal. If you love Pascal, if you love game development and need a cross-platform solution that is simple and elegant, lightweight yet effective and very affordable, GamePascal aims for this and more.
    Our goal is to make GamePascal a community driven, quality and affordable product that people will want to use and own and not pirate.
    Last edited by drezgames; 01-12-2013 at 05:22 PM.

I only care about Win32 (32bit) and Android platform support, including older: 2.3.6.
    Currently i would like to make something for my Android phone, but i havent found anything good that makes creating apps for it easy.

Eclipse Android emulator is so CPU expensive that my poor old PC is unable to even startup the emulator. I have to buy some 4GHz PC with 8GB of ram for that emulator.

Hopefully GamePascal will be the one thats good, easy to use and fast.

Best of luck with GamePascal.
    Last edited by hwnd; 02-12-2013 at 10:06 AM.

@hwnd
    Thank you.

This is a short video showcasing the integrated context sensitive HTML help. It turned out the be a little more bothersome to get working than I anticipated. Now I just have to finish working on the documentation.

May i ask when you make another public release of the IDE?
    I would like to try the new features.

@hwnd
    Hi, new public build coming soon. Lots of great features in now: help framework, you can set your default project, high level game engine (JetEngine) and working on a lower level procedural version for the folks that may not want to use oop. Many bug fixes and optimizations. It is getting very stable and just works.... I am very happy with the progress. If you want to check it out now, create an account at gamepascal.com and if you go to main menu->my account->my messages, send me a PM and I will make a build available to you to test. I would appreciate the feedback so that I may tighten things up as much as possible for the next public release. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the increased quality level in the new build (I'm just excited and happy that is all coming together, hehe).

Thanks.
    Last edited by drezgames; 18-12-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast