Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GamePascal - Cross-platform Game Development in Object Pascal

1. GamePascal AstroBlaster Demo
    2. GamePascal IDE - Update #5 Video
    3. New build soon.

Hi.

I looked at the game and watched the whole video. Its really getting better and better.
    And so quickly. Really nice.

Btw.
    I registered at your website but im unable to send you the PM.
    I used your full name in the "To:" editbox and i tried to send the message but it said that the recipient is invalid.

What im doing wrong?

Thanks.

The PM plugin I am using only seems to reference user usernames so you must your the username of the person you are sending to. If you click on the <directory> link shows a list of users to pick from.
    Last edited by drezgames; 22-12-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Hi Jarrod, I will try the latest version when I get internet again...maybe tomorrow

cheers,
    Paul

Cool bro. How have you been? PM me and I can give you a link to a newer build for testing.

Thanks

This is how I made the integrated help system in GamePascal.

This is not best idea. Why? TWebBrowser component requires Internet Explorer instalation. This means that it won't work on ony computer that has no Internet Explorere installed. While most pepole leve IE installed and simply use other browsers some pepole actually remove IE from their computer.
    Some pepole also block JS execution in their brosers which could again lead to trouble.

So how to solve these problems the easiest way. Some time ago I have seen an article about TWebBrowser component replacment which in the background uses FrireFox instead of IE. I'm sorry but I don't remember where I have seen this.

Hi,

Yep, true. And what if FireFox is not installed? How would I implement the protocol handler for those other browsers (i assume there should be something similar)? I just found this:
    http://code.google.com/p/delphichromiumembedded/

Have you had any experience with it? I've not downloaded it yet, but if I can not be able to implement some type of protocol handler, how do read from the zip file?

Well, the link above I can not get it to compile with XE5 but I found this one:
    http://code.google.com/p/dcef3/

I'm playing with it now. Looks like it may work. I see where I can setup and register custom protocol handlers. So this maybe be a possibility. Cool bro. Thanks for bring this up. It will be nice if I can get this working.

Quote Originally Posted by piradyne View Post
    Yep, true. And what if FireFox is not installed?
    If my memory serves me corectly the main advantage of the mentioned component is that you distribute a few core files from Firefox with your program so Firefox doesn't need to be installed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast