Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GamePascal - Cross-platform Game Development in Object Pascal

My post on frame-based timing in JetEngine.

Why these posts (news) do not appear on main page?
    I have been looking for updates / news for long time from main page and just checked my email and saw these posts, but why they are not on the http://gamepascal.com/ ?

Hidden somewhere. Only visible if you know the link.

Hi,

These type of post are in my dev blog section (support->blog) and news (new release, updates, etc) are on the front page. Maybe I should have all show up on front page? I can do that, it's just a tick. Let me know your thoughts.

EDIT: Now you can see all updates on the front page.
    Last edited by drezgames; 04-01-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Jarrod. Dont get me wrong. I didnt mean to be rude or offend you any way. Seriously.

It seemed just a bit "wrong".
    You should always post them so they will be on main page also.

Otherwise if there are now new posts, the website looks like "dead". Its new project and some people may think that the developer just gave up already, lost the interest or something.
    Fresh posts on front will make it more "live".

Just my thoughts.

No worries. I understand you and thanks for the suggestion. I have changed it over so all posts show up on the main page. Thanks again.

We've released version 1.0.4.Alpha.

What happened? Did you gave up on this project or lost your interest?
    Even gamepascal.com is down.

I hope you are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by hwnd View Post
    What happened? Did you gave up on this project or lost your interest?
    Even gamepascal.com is down.

I hope you are ok.
    I think Jarrod is having some web hosting issues at the moment.

cheers,
    Paul

Hi, I certainly had hopes of finishing this project, but in the end there was very little interest. I even manage to get my BASIC compiler working, with a slightly more advanced IDE (multiple project support) and still little interest... at least not enough to warrant spending more time on them. I made the painful decision to press pause for the time being. I have to now refocus my efforts on working on other projects (ie the ones that will bring in actual income). It sucks.... so hard... but this is how it goes I guess. At the least I can use the tech in my own projects.

I had ramped up with a nice server to handle the load, ecommerce etc, but for now I had to move to a cheaper hosting solution, hence gamepascal.com is currently offline as I move over everything. No point is adding to the monthly burn rate when its not being utilized. I will most likely just consolidate everything (gamepascal.com and pirabasic.com) to piradyne.com rather than maintaining separate sites... just easier for me. If in the future there is more interest maybe I can resurrect them. Who knows.

Big shout-out and gracious thanks to the people who gave feedback, offer suggestions etc... you know who you are. Respect!
    Last edited by drezgames; 25-03-2014 at 09:20 PM.

I can't imagine theres much money to be made in game engines these days. I know we all secretly wish it to be so but reality is not kind to us.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast