View Poll Results: What connection are you using?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm like Schumacher, noone is browsing faster than me. (>20mb)

2 8.00%
  • Are you offering videos too? Great, lets have em then! (<4mb)

14 56.00%
  • I dont mind waiting a bit, just dont make it too heavy. (<1024kb)

3 12.00%
  • I just got this really cheap adsl offer (<392kb)

1 4.00%
  • ADSL? Does ISDN count too? (<128kb)

1 4.00%
  • Hey man, my 56k is working just fine! (56kb)

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What connection are you using?

What connection are you using?

Easy question. Please do elaborate on your choice....

In NZ we have crap broadband. I still cannot get an equivalent service in my house to what I had in Amsterdam in 1996.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Blog Entries

Hmm... I'd prefer those we speeds to choose from rather than volumes, it'd make my choice easier, but ok.

Pretty much all Canadians have broadband (Cable or (A)DSL). I believe we are even the worlds leading market on the two technologies. Dispite what some may think not all of the US has broadband, unless things have drastically changed all over that country, a ton of them still use crappy AOL CDs and dial-up. :lol:

My provider offeres about 512kbps iircc. I usualy easily get download speeds of just over 100 KBytes/sec on servers that offer such upload speeds. Though since not many do, it's hard to tell 100% for sure.

Oh, btw there is a gap in your 'speeds' there. I belive it's from 4MBps - 20MBps
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Currently I have a 56K modem connection, but I am plannin to change it to something faster. Downloading something bigger than 1 MB is quite annoying. And those phone bills :roll:

I've got a 3mb DSL connection, which ain't on the list. It's ATT/SBC and so far I'm unhappy with the connectivity. :?

8mbit, which isnt on your poll...

Thanks for the replies sofar.

I've choosen these values as they are commonly available here in the Netherlands.

In fact the cheapest subscription (376kps) is around 9,95 euro.
    Next in line 1024kbps followed by 4mb. Some providers offer something between 4 and 20mb, others immediately take that large step. (Which btw includes digital telephone and tv channels).

In Australia we have Telstra, who offer 256Kb at about $30/month, up to 512Kb or 1500Kb in ADSL. Some ISPs are starting to roll out their own ADSL2 hardware which offers up to 24Mb, depending on how far from the exchange you are located (24Mb is possible if you are right next door).

I have 56kb - as someone said at least with dial up its never capped - ok so your ADSL is probably also not capped where ever you are.

Here in South Africa Broad band is terribly expensive.

For ADSL 192kb - it would cost about US$60 per month - including Line rental, ISP etc. It would also be limited to a 3GB download per month.

Apparently this will be comming down by about 10% in August but its not confirmed yet. (In fact he price chart I have seen will bring ADSL 384 to the same price as the ADSL 192 in August).
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Korea and Japan are the leaders in this area.
    [size=10px]"In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite." -- Paul Dirac[/size]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast