I was hoping Mexico would cause an upset and defeat Argentina, but alas it was not to be, I'll have to hope the Germans can beat them.

England did enough to get through and actually looked better than they have all competition. Beckam's bend was impressive.

The Portugal/Holland match was incredible. I blame the players for not thinking. If they know a referee is cracking down on stupid behaviour, they should put 2 brain cells together and behave themselves. Anyway I think Portugal did well to get through and England are lucky that the key Portugal players will be out for the next match.

I am still hopefull that Australia can upset Italy this afternoon, though the chances are slim to none. Either way Australia should be happy to have made it this far. Especially considering that football in Australia has not been a very popular sport until now. Australians prefer other sports like Australian rules football, tennis, rugby, swimming, hockey, basketball and even triathlons ahead of football/soccer. I think that since they have progressed so far, more money will be spent on the Australian soccer/football programmes in the country, so they should hopefully do better in the next world cup.