Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos a friend of mine took...

Photos a friend of mine took...

A friend of mine is a budding photographer and I think he's pretty damn good. I thought I would share some of his work with you guys, as I am sure some of you also take photos and maybe appreciate good photography.

Check his stuff out @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/49334098@N00/
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

:shock: wow, some of those photos look amazing!
    Do you know what camera and equipment he uses?
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

He used to only shoot on film stock, but now he has been "converted" over to digital. So I know he's using some kind of digital camera. I'll chat to him tomorrow and find out the finer details. Btw, most of the shots are of Melbourne, some are of a trip he did to Vietnam ( salt fields etc ).
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Some really nice photos. Your friend has a really good eye for visuals.

Did you guys know that digital cameras (video cameras that is) have gotten good enough to the point that they are actually making TV shows using all digital now? Star Trek Enterprise's 4th season was the first show in history to shoot everything purely in digital. I don't know what else has been done in that way since, but it's been a few years so there must be something now that they have proven that it's now of enough quality and much cheaper to do.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Some really nice photos. Your friend has a really good eye for visuals.

Did you guys know that digital cameras (video cameras that is) have gotten good enough to the point that they are actually making TV shows using all digital now? Star Trek Enterprise's 4th season was the first show in history to shoot everything purely in digital. I don't know what else has been done in that way since, but it's been a few years so there must be something now that they have proven that it's now of enough quality and much cheaper to do.
    scary movie 4 was the first true hdtv movie ever filmed fully digital
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

The camera kit he's using is...
    Canon 350D with a 24-70 f2.8 & an 70-200 f4 lenses.

Blog Entries

Hmm... how many megapixels would that be now?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

[size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

A bit more info I got was that he only uses Photoshop for colour correction/balancing, everything else is as it came out of the camera using filters, lenses and shutter speed.

Blog Entries

Well ok a more serious question from me now; how is that Megapixel number actually calculated? Anyone know?

I'd have to say that to truely be doing photography as an art --at least in it's intended manner-- in a digital medium, would be to do it without any or as little an amount of digital enhancement as possible. The idea is to capture the beauty of the enviroment rather than simulate it. Otherwise it sort of falls under the realm of digital art rather than photography, no?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast