Wow!

I just tried scag and blocked. And I am pretty impressed. In both cases I felt there was enough "new" ideas to make the concept work. I love the bit in scag when you go from side scrolling to top down, that was cool. The interface could do with more work. For example, I set the set the game to 1024x768 in windowed mode and nothing changed, even after a restart. I also found the fighter dissappearing off the bottom of the screen a bit weird.

Blocked shows lots of promise but it could defintely do with more spit and polish. The tutorial while a great idea I found totally confusing - trying to zoom out in time to read messages. Being told to use a block spell when I had no idea what that was.

However, I was totally impressed with the entries I looked at so far. Imp5 I loved your entry, the concept was fresh and very fun. I will download again to see if you changed anything since I last saw it.

Right, off to try tanx now.

Can't wait to see what happens next year Hopefully judging won't take as long. Although I can see that it wouldn't be an easy task.