Bonus points for cross platform is a good idea, but the benifit does need to be small (50 points is about right on a 1000 point scale). This adds some real qualities to the cycle. Companies that do cross platform, get a little bit of gain (if they do it right).

Also the point for Open-Source points is a good one. This though should be a higher percentage of the points (IMHO). I think of it this way, if someone wants to enter into the compo but doesn't want their source displayed to the world then I wonder what/why/who they did wrong. Worse yet, what they are going to do to my system .

In my scenario, something like 200 "Bonus" points could be awarded:
100: Open-Source
50: Multi-Platform
50: Size limitations (thus procedural generated stuff would get this if done right)

My only problem with a contest based around procedural generation is that I'm not sure how many people we would completely put out with the idea. Getting on a team this year was near impossiable if you didn't know anyone (I know I tried early on before I started my own). New developers may or may not have the time/knowledge/wits to pickup procedural methodology and make it work.

On MUDDs and MMORPGs; I see this as more of a long time running compo. It is a great idea, but you would have to take almost a year (if not more) and have detailed rules, regs, and a great deal of support hardware. This is even to judge the entries. If you place the blame of running the hardware on the entrants, they may not have the money to put up such a beast. Remember that most MMORPGs and MUDDs are server heavy beasts. I'm up for the compo, but I think it should be held seperately from the PGD anual.

Of course I still stand by the Stage Goals!

Just my two cents to try and keep the ideas going, I can't wait for next years compo .