I'm after requiring open-source. I said this in the old thread when this year's competition started... but some people answered that they just don't want to go open-source. I think that at least some significant points should be rewarded for being open-source.

As for being multiplatform, I agree with Daniel: it should be rewarded wth points. Judges will probably have to limit the possible platforms that "count" anyway, surely these platforms that "count" should at least include Win32 and Linux/i386.

1) All content (e.g. textures, music, models, etc) should be procedurally generated. In other words, we take our cue from the European demo makers.
That's interesting idea... But requiring *everything* to be procedural could make things too limiting, after all the "demos" are often pretty far from what we usually call normal "playable" games. I would rather allow textures and music and creature/object models to be stored in a normal way, but require procedural *levels* instead. This could make interesting fun to develop good level generator and make a game based on it...