I'm after the deadlines. They were a great idea to force me to actually focus on more important things, instead of polishing some invisible things. I'm totally after making deadlines for the next competition. And as AthenaOfDelphi said, the time points are not so very important, so if someone really can implement in 2 weeks the same thing that takes others 2 months, he can still win the competition

Seeing various opinions about dealines in this thread, maybe such thing deserves a poll ?

I'm unsure whether I like Casual Games idea... Advantages are that such theme will make for a short competition, so more entrants, and originality will be awarded more. Hmm.. OK, maybe I like this idea actually

My idea for next year's competition was more like forcing people to do serious network fun. Maybe even something along MUDs/MMORPGs. But like Will said, that's not a "gameplay theme", it's a "technical theme", so I should probably rephrase it somewhat Other disadvantage is that such theme would require much more time and careful network testing. On the other hand, making an innovative and popular network game with free access could really promote Pascal among the Internet.