Thread: DEEP SIX

DEEP SIX

Deep Six is a WWII style multiplayer only naval combat game based on the original IRON WOLVES game of some years ago. It takes place in a fictional world where Northland and Westland Navies vie for control of the seas (and Slippery Sam's Tavern).

This is a hobby project of mine being developed in Delphi utilizing the DMX (microtower.com) engine for rendering, a proprietary interface for the Cybernet Openskies engine for networking, OpenAL, and DelphiODE.

The art style is designed after the 1940's era war comics. I am at a first Alpha stage - players can join and drive around (sorry, on the intranet only), 12 island groups are available, no weapons yet, some control interfaces etc. There is still quite a way to go, but I thought it was worth announcing.

I have been using Delphi since version 1.0. Delphi was also heavily used in the creation of concept sketches and proofs, and development tools while I was at Tesseraction Games.

The ALPHA website is at www.deepsix-online.com

Cheers,

East
    Support DEEP SIX, visit the <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/deepbluesea" target="dbs">
    <br />Central Isles Gift Shop</a>.

Re: DEEP SIX

Quote Originally Posted by EAST
    I have been using Delphi since version 1.0. Delphi was also heavily used in the creation of concept sketches and proofs, and development tools while I was at Tesseraction Games.
    Does that mean that the tools were Delphi, but the actual game code was C/C++ or similar?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

DEEP SIX

Enigma: Rising Tide was created in C++ (Visual Studio). Delphi was used to create quick converter applications, working examples of functionality to be used in the game; depth charge control functionality for example.

Deep Six is primarily Delphi code. The Cybernet engine is in C++, Glen Wolfram created a DLL that wrapped their interface and exposed a C api for use within Delphi, I wrote the Delphi interfaces to it.
    Support DEEP SIX, visit the <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/deepbluesea" target="dbs">
    <br />Central Isles Gift Shop</a>.