The whole thing with MoM was that it was a classic. Much like like PacMan and Doom where it was a major milestone in it's genre.

Heros Of Might and Magic, Age Of Wonders... dispite the much better graphics and an obvious technology update, all of these games only came close to it what MoM was, yet they where all inspired by it.

It's actually quite amazing how the game, being so long lost and neglected, has become quite the legend for gamers of that time. Yet, no big name company has picked it up and updated it. Maybe it's been so long it has too much technology-wise against it? I don't know. I just know that once MoM2 comes out it'll be the biggest cashcow that the creators of Civilization have ever seen.

But as to why so many try to remake it; It's so simple... there has not been another game made that captures all the same aspects [size=9px](open customization, randomly generated maps, extensive unit tree, huge cast of heroes, open storyless play, a ton of races to choose from, lots of city upgrades, buld towns, 100% player custom choosen magic, world events bending magic influences and unit/city enhancing oppertunities, etc, etc)[/size] all in one title. Only 'close to, but not quite's.

Don't get me wrong, I liked AoW! [size=9px](Wasn't too impressed by Heroes)[/size] But it's not what all the many MoM fans, like myself want. I want a Master of Magic 2 with none of the good features left out, damnit! :lol: