I have posted about this topic already, and ina few weeks I get a new G.card so hopefully this problem will go away.

Dxtimer and all threaded timers are running at weird framerates. Here is a sample

Interval of 0: realtime (only 1 that actually works)

interval of 1-10: 64 FPS and not 1000-100, interval 11-20: 40FPS for entire range.

On other machies the above values follow exact same pattern but the values start off different. i.e. 1-10: 92 FPS, 11-20 52FPS ....

Weirder still, if I open dxdiag test page, it somehow rectifie the bug and the timer then runs at correct speed, after closing the page, back we go to ludicrous frame rate.

The bug is also not present when delphi is actually loaded. If it is shut down, the exe does not run properly.

I did not have this problem when i was using win 2000, only now that i use XP do i get the problem.

Maybe it is a fault of my graphics card, without another system to compile the exe i have made it is impossible to conclude anything.

This is where you lot come in. I have uploaded a test exe. I need some of you to download it, run the exe, record what speeds you are getting from it. I have set the interval to 1. If your system is playing it correctly the frame rate will be around 1000. On mine it is 64.

Then, I need you to recompile the source code that is with the exe. upload the NEW exe that has been compiled by YOUR system. Make sure the exe has all files needed to run on ANY computer (travellers last exe only runs on computers with certain needed files...maybe something taken away at runtime?)

Anyway, here is the file and souce code:

http://www.uploading.com/?get=9I7D9Q66