Quote Originally Posted by noeska
I do not think this is a so good deal. Or at least not for those people who use both object pascal for win32 and .net . They would need to buy two licenses at $500 which is the same as delphi 2006 pro. But that one is cheaper as upgrade where it only costs $499. I will pass this one.

Besides visual studio standard for one language only costs $149 in full version. If there would be a standard version with support for building and using own components (not plugins) and costing the same as visual studio standard things would be different. (And no i do not count student versions as full versions).
Sorry to be happy that for me, a person with a tiny bank account, that something Delphi might be within my reach for the first time EVER. I have had student editions, and while D6 student edition was pretty good, I couldn't make a damn cent with it any way I wanted to.

Visual Studio has no compeditor IDE/Language to Delphi/Object Pascal. 'Nuff said.

Frankly, yes, Delphi is overpriced. But Pascal is the language I like most, and Freepascal just isn't my style. Lazarus isn't either. I'm sorry to those who like them, but until they're very polished, stable and size efficient, it just isn't going to be used by me. Not even to improve it, because I lack the skillset for IDE development.