You know it seems to me that the more and more I talk about Borland outside of PGD, the more misinformation and unresearched bias is placed on and around this company.

Personally, I think part of it is their own damn fault. Nevermind all their renaming addiction and mismanagement issues, but just focusing on their lack of strength as a company. They really haven't made too many good vibes in the market have they?

This is not to knock the Delphi and other compiler suite development teams or the new DevCo people at all. Oh no, it's not about them really. It's pretty much about all the damage and the mess that the comapny Borland it's self (aka the screw-up company that couldn't) created in their wake.

Yes, they were once great in their past. And yes Delphi was a great invention. Up until maybe version 3. Then something happened. Something mysterious and dark. Borland changed. They became this hidious, ugly creature that didn't really know what it was doing.

Kinda like the Nortel curse where they screw up everything that they buy. [size=9px](Actually there are a few companies that can hold this title too. )[/size]

Now maybe only the Borland employees of the time have a true and complete story of what went wrong but in my own very un-humble oppinion, it really stunk of upper management involvement. And one day... perhaps well after the new DevCo settles in and starts fixing things, I hope to hear the story unabridged. Because simply we are well past linch mobs now. We are more in the territory of changing the minds of the entire population of the software development market.

It's kind of scarry really. It's almost as if reality went out the window and everyones is infected with some kind of strange virus. You mention Delphi, Pascal or Borland and you get the most complex and fantastic stories ever. And they all date no later than 1995.

Yup, the old Borland really dropped the ball allright. And now the rest of us have to pickup the peices --DevCo included.