Chrome won't ever get my money for two reasons: A) It requires Visual Studio, and I don't have the money to waste on it. B) It uses .NET, which I loathe.

Otherwise it might very well be a very good compiler. D2005PE isn't too bad a compiler, but at least I can sell my stuff.

Borland lost credibility with some of the smaller aspects of Object Pascal, optomizations for speed, space and memory usage would have helped the reputation. As Sly helped us understand better, C++ is used more for its speed and memory usage, able to simply set a whole array to 0 while we must walk through with a for-loop.

I think the DevCo needs to address things such as the memory usage of Objects, memory management, and a few other things that Pascal is 'behind' in. I think we all need to be concerned for awhile about the efficiency of Delphi, rather then its power. Delphi is still the greatest RAD tool, but isn't all that efficient. I would like the DevCo to fine tune the machine a bit.

Borland is a laughingstock because of their blatant attempts to MS-ize. They have tried with past versions of Delphi, now Borland Developer Studio, to do things we (the users) didn't care about. Why pull C#, C++ and .NET all into one IDE? You waste my money!

If you want to know more of why Borland and Pascal suffer in reputation, I know a few guys who beat on it relentlessly. Maybe they'll have a reason.