Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bitmap images

Bitmap images

Does anybody know of a program that can convert to .raw, or if there is an editor that will allow you to save a bitmap as .raw?

Bitmap images

Thats alot of stuff to sort through. I'm not entirely wure which to use. I am wanting .raw format because of the compatibility with PutImage in TP7.

Bitmap images

http://www.irfanview.com/

Best app I've found for this type of thing. Also works in batch mode, and is free. Now if you have money, then buy PSCS2 (PhotoShop CS2), its actually the best, but only a few of us developer geeks want to drop the cash on it .

Bitmap images

Thanks! Now if someone could help me get the syntax right for using BlockRead in conjunction with .raw files for use with Putimage.

Anybocy know how to do this?

Bitmap images

Which graphics mode do you use?

Bitmap images

VGA 640x480
    16 color

Bitmap images

For 16 colour modes you need to use 16 bpp packed pixel format. So, convert you image to such a format. Then, getmem a buffer with 6 bytes plus the size of the raw image. Then:

* At offset 0, write a word containing the width.
    * At offset 2, write a word containing the height

Then blockread the image at offset 6. Now you should be able to use putimage.

Bitmap images

How should I define the buffer?

Bitmap images

I think an untyped pointer is the best solution. A pointer to a byte can also be usefull.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast