Hi Folks,
(Apologies if this post appears twice. I registered, added the post, and then the site ate my user account. Thus deja vu for me at least)

I'm wondering if there's anyone who could help me find a solution to a problem I'm having with using TDirectDrawSurfaces.

I'm creating a game which makes heavy use of rotation functions to avoid making artwork. One of the things I need to do is run collission detection tests against graphics. I'm doing this by rendering rotated images to a background surface and then checking for a hit.

I've encountered two problems while trying to implement this:
- Surfaces do not work under hardware mode (From what I can gather, they get assigned correctly and you can render to them, but all draws to the surface after the first do not render)
- Reading from the surface pixel/pixels properties seems to cause a massive performance hit. (I.e. 9 checks per loop makes the engine start crawling) This has something to do with the surface being locked/unlocked.

I read in the latest readme.rtf on the unDelphiX site that any surface apart from the DXDraw surface will not work, but perhaps there's someone here who's managed to find a work around for the problem?