Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GeekCode

GeekCode

If you don't know what it is (I didn't until a few days ago) you can have a look at the following url:
    http://www.geekcode.com/geek.html

I wanted to write a GeekCode generator and update+add their latest ver. things is im not sure what’s better:
    JavaScipt – harder to code, and will leave the code open to be modified by others (I see it as a bad thing, I don’t want a “new” reversion poping out every other day)
    Java – will look nicer, much easier to code and will be closed. BUT you’ll have to install JAVA.
    Or .Net – which I know nothing about

What do you think? The generator is intended to "people like us" :roll: so how many of you don't have Java installed?
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

GeekCode

Why not in Pascal?

GeekCode

As its a simple program, I don't think people would like to download and install it only in order to use it for 2-3min..

but if you get into a site and the app is already "running" and waiting for you might spend the time to use it.

I can also write a Delphi ver, will take me only a few minutes to write (comparing to hours of agony with Java..)
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*

GeekCode

This may be of some help to you: GeekCode.xml

I made it up for a sample application to build/read GeekCode. Never finished it, so if you complete something let us know. Lazarus open-source would be nice

GeekCode

Personally I have nothing against downloadng such apps. But probably its a matter of taste. As for the online version Java applet would nice. I would have a reason then to finally install Java

GeekCode

..Never used XML ops: , so I’ll just write my own file handling code.

so JAVA it is! right after it I will write a Delphi ver.

GeekCode

Quote Originally Posted by tanffn
    ..Never used XML ops: , so I’ll just write my own file handling code.

so JAVA it is! right after it I will write a Delphi ver.
    I hate to toot my own horn, but download my XML components (http://www.eonclash.com/). They are quite basic, cross compile for windows and linux, and soon will have a version for FPC. From the feedback that I've seen over the years, they are the perfect starting point for people learning XML with Delphi/Pascal.

Course I may be wrong :shock: but hey I'm a conceded developer :evil: so I'll never admit it :lol: .

GeekCode

I've seen about a week ago when I tested your "XML Browser Lite".
    Thing is, I just don't see the advantages of this file format. its easier for me to code my own file structure (custom fitted to the app) and its also easier to maintain.
    At least thats my point of view.. perhaps had some bad experience with XML as a youngster

GeekCode

I can understand the not liking XML. If nothing else you should be able to use the Lua scripting capibilities of the browser to export the file I posted to whatever format you want. No sense in doubling your work load by having to re-create the list. Can't wait to see it though

GeekCode

Here it is, the 1st version (hope you have installed java by now )
    http://www.global-rd.com/ariel/java/test.html

There are still a few problems, it does not allow all options, which will obligate manual editing of the code. I’ve just noticed it so I didn’t have time to fix it, not even sure how.

:arrow: Give me more feedback this time :!:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast