Thread: Pulsar2D (aka EGSL2)

Pulsar2D (aka EGSL2)

Hi, I wanted to introduce my new project which is a little bit like my old project.
    First it is a old school 2D engine based on SDL2, SDL2_image and SDL2_mixer. It's not object oriented and not event driven, therefore I call it "oldschool". Then all functions are made available to a Lua interpreter, so games can be prototyped with Lua. But not only prototyped since it is possible to bind the script to an executable (and the script is encrypted before that). Pulsar2D and PulsarLua will be available soon, for Windows and Linux (32 and 64 bit). If I can get my hands on a Mac a version for OS X will follow. But enough talking, I got a little Old Skool Demo for you (Windows 32 - all necessary libraries are included, demo is done with Lua): http://egsl.retrogamecoding.org/medi.../PulsarDemo.7z

A few impressions:

This part is like the Parallax demo for SmartMobile Studio. I changed the Parallax logo with the Pulsar2D logo and added an animation and particle effect.

This is pretty much the same as you can find in PlayBasic: rotating sprites. (All sprites have different sizes and speed and rotation speed! Even if you choose 5000+)

Another scroller with raster/copper bars. They are just one image ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Looking good bro.

So this is a preview version of AstroRocksHD. I hope you'll like it. Binary for Windows32 (all DLLs included):
    http://egsl.retrogamecoding.org/medi...stroRocksHD.7z

• Turn the spceship with cursor keys left and right
    • Thrust with cursor up
    • Shoot with left CTRL
    • Exit game with ESC

This is not a finished game. If you lose your last life, the game continues with -1 etc.

Best regards,
    Cybermonkey