Quote Originally Posted by hwnd View Post
But Intel has stupid thing called "CPU fan speed depending on CPU usage".

If its (CPU usage) gets higher, noise gets bigger as it speeds up. I hope replacing fan and using some fan speed regulator app would help.
BIOS only has "idle fan speed" which i set to minimum.
I would suggest that you replace both CPU heatsing and CPU fan. If your computer has stock heatsing that came with CPU it is quite likely that it doesn't provide enough cooling (I remember times when pepole were complaining about stok heatsinks).
Also don't forget to check the North Bridge temperature becouse if it heats up pretty good (more than 60 degrees celsius) the motherboard will raise speed of CPU fan even thou CPU might still be much cooler. Everytime I was building a PC I always put a fan on Norht Bridge heatsink to avoid this scenario.
Also making sure there is proper airflow through your PC tower is a good idea. I usually put aditional fan infront of hard drives so that it blows cool air into them. Unfortunately this can't be done on some towers as they don't have proper intake holes on front side of the tower. As for sucking this air out, that is done by PSU fan.

As for fan speed auto-throtling: That can be a nice feature so you don't have to listen to your fans running at full speed all the time (as I have to on my old PC) or worry about overheating if you reduced their speed manually.