Its pretty quiet in here, so decided to post about something i always wanted to get.
More powerful PC.

Found some shop near our house that sells old used stuff. Clothes, furniture, tools etc, almost everything. All used stuff nothing new.
I has told that there are some PC monitors. So one day i decided to take a look and found more than a just monitors.
I found even old desktop PCs but much powerful than my old PC i was using for 10 years: AMD Duron 1.6GHz, 700~ something of RAM and 320GB HDD.
Video ATI Radeon 9550 128MB

The "new" PC i got is: Pentium 4, 3.0GHz (this is alot for me), with 1Gig of RAM (i have one free slot left, so i can add more), video is some Intel gfx (onboard) with 128MB of video memory (not stolen from RAM!), HDD was SATA and small 80GB or so. I have DVD-RW burner with IDE cable and i attached my old 320GB IDE HDD to this.
Motherboard, i dont know what exactly, have been lazy to look. Used HWINFO to find drivers. But i know that its with Intel chipset.

All works fine, what i dont like is the CPU fan, its noisy, i know i have to replace it anyway.
But Intel has stupid thing called "CPU fan speed depending on CPU usage".

If its (CPU usage) gets higher, noise gets bigger as it speeds up. I hope replacing fan and using some fan speed regulator app would help.
BIOS only has "idle fan speed" which i set to minimum.

The case has XP Pro license and key on it, proud to be continued legal owner of XP, all updates and things without problems as always.
But i dunno is it OEM license or not or of whatever type it is. If i add some memory, will it stop working, i dunno.
Too bad they are closing the support for XP.

But overall, its alot faster than my old PC, of course its not dual core or something, but i never had a 3.0 GHz PC, it was the fastest available from this shop.
And i even got discount because they said noone wants them. And i never had a 1GB of RAM.

All the things, compiling in / using Lazarus and / or Delphi or VS or CodeBlocks. Much much faster.
Motherboard even has place for PCIEx but its not soldered in (too bad, i could buy PCIE gfxcard to get even better video perf.).

But im not much of a gamer, what i play is only all from GTA1 to San Andreas and Need For Speed MW.
These are my favorites and only ones i have installed.

Will see how long this one will last. The old PC as i said is 10 years old, of course i have updated parts in it etc, but its old but trusty.

Maybe one day i also will have dual core PC, with 4GHz and 4-8GB of RAM.
I could buy, but i dont see reason.

I even didnt plan to replace my old one anytime soon, but when i saw the price and they even made the discount for such cheap price i took it immediately.
So this is my story.

Whats yours?