Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S2DL questions

Blog Entries

S2DL questions

SDL is the library, like DirectX and OpenGL/OpenAL, etc... this we both know.

But JEDI-SDL is a library that encompases the functionality of SDL into, if you will, an outer shell of that library.

This forum is for JEDI-SDL, not just any SDL library. Much like the (Un)DelphiX forum is for it's component suite.

If S2DL does not use or require JEDI-SDL or does not enhance JEDI-SDL in any way then it does not belong here.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

S2DL questions

SDL is the library, like DirectX and OpenGL/OpenAL, etc... this we both know.

But JEDI-SDL is a library that encompases the functionality of SDL into, if you will, an outer shell of that library.

This forum is for JEDI-SDL, not just any SDL library. Much like the (Un)DelphiX forum is for it's component suite.

If S2DL does not use or require JEDI-SDL or does not enhance JEDI-SDL in any way then it does not belong here.

No knowing where else to put this right now, I'll leave these S2DL topics here for the meantime, but we should collectively decide where they are best suited.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

S2DL questions

S2DL enhances JEDI-SDL - it wraps the JEDI-SDL calls into classes.

S2DL cannot function without JEDI-SDL being installed - it is NOT a new set of SDL wrappers.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Blog Entries

S2DL questions

Ok so it's an enhancement that takes standard JEDI-SDL calls and puts them into class objects so the library becomes all object based?

I didn't get that from what you posted previously.

Ok thats fine then it does belong here. I just wanted to confirm. (And also so I can also set others straight in the future.)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

S2DL questions

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling
    @paul_nicholls: Any chance you would put that up as a download with a compiling sample?
    Hi Jeremy, I will have to make up a stand-alone demo app for the shader code as at the moment I only use it in my AbaloneGL game but that shouldn't be too difficult

cheers,
    Paul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12